Today I’m going to be sharing with you things I love and don’t love about Christmas in the Summer.
Recently I just sang carols in the park with my choir, so that was good. It could’ve been better, but it was still okay. 🙂
Things I don’t love
- We sing carols about snow. And santa. And stuff we don’t have here down under. Seriously. We need more Aussie carols apart from Aussie Jingle Bells!
- No sleigh rides and no waking up in the morning to find snow on the tree outside.
- No soup or warm hot chocolate with a candy cane. (seriously though I will still eat soup even on the hottest day #souplover)
- No snuggling up in front of the fire in your santa suit with a mug of hot chocolate and your favorite book.
Things I Love
- More outdoors.
Because the sun is out for a long time and at the latest the sun will go down at 10PM, I have more time to stay outside bashing up that pinata. And since it won’t get freezing cold when it’s dark, I can STILL stay outside with family writing my name in the air with that sparkler. Or playing some Christmas games, or lying in the hammock under the shade of the trees. And I can go to the pool with my family. Or go to the lake and wade.
2. Beach time!
Christmas is the season for joy; and the beach brings lots of joy!
3. We have carols at the park
Where at around 7PM to 9PM we gather at the park and sing Christmas Carols while holding lit candles. It’s good fun and a great time for community. 🙂
4. Instead of curled up in front of the fire reading my favorite book with a mug of hot chocolate, sprawled across the hammock under the leafy trees sipping lemonade or iced tea while reading your favorite book. *sighs contentedly* (personally I prefer cold drinks over hot ones. (not including tea obviously #tealover)
Well, I hope you enjoyed that! What are YOUR favorite and non-favorite things about Christmas in the Summer or Winter?
Photography prompt: take a picture of what your Christmas looks like in the Summer or Winter
Merry Christmas! Only 8 more sleeps till christmas!